November 18, 2010

Let it snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Usually I dread the first snow... and every snow after that. But this year, I was actually excited for it to snow. I couldn't wait to see the reactions of the little ones. Michael and I had talked about snow and winter several times over the past month or so. He was excited for the snow too, even though he had no idea what it was.

Finally, on Saturday morning (two weeks ago), I woke up and looked out the window to find pure childhood bliss - SNOW. After we woke up and ate breakfast we let the kids go outside for a few minutes before getting ready.


As you can see in the picture, Michael looks mesmerized by the snow... Liliana looks a little confused. Moments after this picture was taken, Liliana walked back into the garage, crying. She wanted out. In fact, she started crying the second we put her boots on and acted as if she couldn't walk. It made me wonder how she would react when she had all her snow gear on.

For Michael, the snow was love at first sight. He marched around in the snow and played in it. He didn't want to go back in when we told him it was time to get ready for the day.



Later that afternoon, we had lots of time to play and both of the kids actually enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment