
Last Wednesday, Michael had his first day of preschool. He was beyond thrilled to start school. He's been asking to go to school for about a year now. Although, he was quite disappointed when he found out that he would not get to ride a bus to school. He did a great job his first day at school, though he did seem a little nervous. And, I will admit, I was nervous too -- even got a little misty eyed. I can't believe my little boy is already going to preschool!

That being said, I knew that out of everyone Liliana would have the hardest transition because she can't stand when Michael is away from her. So, on Michael's first day, I took Liliana on a special date to the Zoo while he was at school. We met up with my friend,
April, and her son. It was a great trip and I think Liliana only asked where Michael was while we driving to and from the Zoo. Success!

Michael goes to school on Wednesday and Fridays for two-and-a-half hours. In his class there are 14 boys and 2 girls. He LOVES it. On Wednesday Michael's teacher, Ms. Nancy, told me that he is starting to warm up at school. She said that Michael and the other boys were all giggles during snack time. It was good to hear that he was getting along with and having fun with his friends at school.

In addition to starting school, Michael started dance class yesterday. He is taking ballet and tap. This class is the total opposite of his preschool - he is the
only boy. He didn't seem to mind and all the other Moms at the dance school commented on how cute it is that there is a boy in their daughter's class. He did really well and his teacher said that Michael has really good natural rhythm. After his dance class was over, I asked him if he had fun and he said, "Yes, but can I do gymnastics instead now?" I told him he had to try dance for one year. He said okay -- I don't think he has any idea how long a year is. Tricksy Mom.

I am excited to see how much he learns over the next year both at school and at dance class!
No comments:
Post a Comment