This weekend we are doing a Garage Sale Fundraiser for our adoption. We had several families very generously donate almost everything we are selling in our garage sale. All the proceeds from the garage sale are going towards paying for our adoption.
If you are in the Farmington area this weekend, please stop by our garage sale! We will be open Friday and Saturday from 8 - 5. We do plan to have at least one more garage sale this summer, so if you have items you'd like to donate towards our next garage sale, just let us know.
I am already amazed by how well the garage sale has gone today and yesterday afternoon. As we have been praying for this garage sale, our prayer has been that we would make $1,000. To be honest, I thought it would be impossible. But, ALL things are possible with God. In light of that, we are praying a big prayer and are trusting God to bring people to our sale and that we will have just what they wanted to buy. On top of good sales today and yesterday, Michael and Liliana have done an amazing job at keeping themselves entertained while I am tending to the garage sale. Huge bonus! :)
Aren't garage sales always a great medium for weird stories? First of all, I have to say that I am always floored at what sells and what doesn't. We have several "big ticket" items -- things that I thought would sell right away -- and no one is interested. And then you have the items that are so ridiculous you wonder if anyone will buy them. And, of course, those are the are the first to go. So strange.
My favorite visitor came Wednesday afternoon as well as today. She told me straight up that she is a hoarder and likes to garage sale and by home decor items. Last night when she stopped by she filled up two boxes full of ... well, I'll just go ahead and say it ... junk. I was actually kind of glad she came to get rid of so many things so I could make room for other things. She asked me after her purchase if I had any more decorations. I told her there would be more the next day. So, as I opened my garage door at 8:30 this morning, there she was... waiting for me to reveal more goodies for her. Unfortunately, she only found a few more things she liked. :)
Again, we are so grateful for all the donations and the help we've received from family and friends. A special thanks to all the great people who went above and beyond to help us ease the financial burden of bringing our sweet babies home from Ethiopia:
--Luke & Julie
-- April & Nils
-- Scott & Leslie
-- Anne & Darran
-- Danette & Taylor
-- Mom & Dad
-- Sadie & Trevor
-- Chris & Sarah
Thank you so very much! We couldn't have done this without you all!! :)
If you are in the Farmington area this weekend, please stop by our garage sale! We will be open Friday and Saturday from 8 - 5. We do plan to have at least one more garage sale this summer, so if you have items you'd like to donate towards our next garage sale, just let us know.
I am already amazed by how well the garage sale has gone today and yesterday afternoon. As we have been praying for this garage sale, our prayer has been that we would make $1,000. To be honest, I thought it would be impossible. But, ALL things are possible with God. In light of that, we are praying a big prayer and are trusting God to bring people to our sale and that we will have just what they wanted to buy. On top of good sales today and yesterday, Michael and Liliana have done an amazing job at keeping themselves entertained while I am tending to the garage sale. Huge bonus! :)
Aren't garage sales always a great medium for weird stories? First of all, I have to say that I am always floored at what sells and what doesn't. We have several "big ticket" items -- things that I thought would sell right away -- and no one is interested. And then you have the items that are so ridiculous you wonder if anyone will buy them. And, of course, those are the are the first to go. So strange.
My favorite visitor came Wednesday afternoon as well as today. She told me straight up that she is a hoarder and likes to garage sale and by home decor items. Last night when she stopped by she filled up two boxes full of ... well, I'll just go ahead and say it ... junk. I was actually kind of glad she came to get rid of so many things so I could make room for other things. She asked me after her purchase if I had any more decorations. I told her there would be more the next day. So, as I opened my garage door at 8:30 this morning, there she was... waiting for me to reveal more goodies for her. Unfortunately, she only found a few more things she liked. :)
Again, we are so grateful for all the donations and the help we've received from family and friends. A special thanks to all the great people who went above and beyond to help us ease the financial burden of bringing our sweet babies home from Ethiopia:
--Luke & Julie
-- April & Nils
-- Scott & Leslie
-- Anne & Darran
-- Danette & Taylor
-- Mom & Dad
-- Sadie & Trevor
-- Chris & Sarah
Thank you so very much! We couldn't have done this without you all!! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment