September 8, 2012

First day of Preschool

Wednesday, Michael and Liliana had their first day of preschool.  This was Liliana's very first day of school.  All summer long the kids have been so excited to go to school.
 
Liliana was especially excited because she didn't get to go to preschool last year.  I was a little nervous about her going to school, but felt better about it since Michael would be there with her to show her the ropes.
 When the kids woke up Wednesday morning, Liliana told me, "Mommy, I am going to wait to go to school until I am 4.  I will stay home with you because I am only 3."  Silly girl.
 Despite Liliana's hesitation, they were both anxious to get to school.  We got up extra early and had a big breakfast before heading out for "first day of school" pictures.  Michael said he didn't need to have his picture taken since I took his picture last year.  No silly, I have to take your picture every year!
 The night before their first day of school, I told the kids I might cry when I dropped them off.  They both thought this was silly, but I told them I would be so lonely at home without them.  Michael promptly drew me a picture of me crying, alone, while they were at school.  Thanks, buddy.
 The kids had a great first day.  Liliana did wonderful and loved every minute.  They both were excited and eager to share about their first day of school.
 Friday, they had their second day of school, which went just as well until it was time to go home.  The kids have to check their cubbies on the way out of their class to see if there are any notes to put in their backpack.
 Liliana came running out of the classroom crying because she didn't have anything in her cubby to bring home.  It might have been the saddest and sweetest thing I've ever seen.  I told her next week Michael would show her where the art supplies were during free choice time so that she would have something to put in her cubby.
 It is very nice to have a few hours, two mornings a week to myself.  It's a great time to get some cleaning and organizing done.  But, I also want to make sure to spend time doing nothing.  I know those days will be over soon enough when the twins get home.  :)
 Above is a picture of Michael and Liliana outside their classroom.  Below they are trying to open the door.  Too bad that door is always locked...
 Opening their lockers and hanging up their backpacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment