July 2, 2010

4 less diapers

Just a quick update on Liliana: Liliana has gone potty for us 4 times. Her first time Tuesday, once Thursday, and twice today. Yesterday evening she was sitting on the potty before bed. After a few minutes and no potty she said she was all done. I let her off the potty. She immediately went for the lotion bottle and she and Michael pretended to put lotion on. She was still naked. They played this way for 3 or 4 minutes. Then, I smelled poop. Liliana was squatting so I looked under her booty and that's when I saw it. A pile of poop and pee streaming onto the floor. Ah! If we had only left her on the potty for a few more minutes! Lucky for us she has rabbit-like turds so they were easy to pick up (with a wipe ... No, I did not use my bare hands!) and drop into the toilet. So, I guess you could say she peed 4 times in the potty and had poop once in the toilet. So - correction - 5 less diapers. :)

And a quick update on Michael: We went back to the International Adoption Clinic today at the U. Michael's white blood counts are still high even though he has tested negative for parasites 3 times. High white blood count means his body is fighting something off, but we haven't found what he is fighting off. Today they drew 5 more vial of blood to check for 5 tropical diseases. These are fairly common diseases for kids adopted internationally. The 5 tropical diseases they are checking are:
Strongyloides - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strongyloides_stercoralis
Toxocariasis - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxocariasis
Schistosomiasis - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schistosomiasis
Filariasis - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filariasis
Trichinella - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichinella

We should find out next week if he has one of the above. If not, they will test him to see if the ring worm he had was causing the high blood count.

Speaking of ring worm - WE ARE RING WORM FREE!!! Yes! And it only took 2 months to get rid of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment