Today is my last day as a stay at home mom. I have been dreading this day since the moment the nannies at the orphanage put our sweet kids into our arms. I've tried to think about how I might feel on the last day of my maternity leave. I figured I would feel sad to leave my kids and go back to work. Much to my surprise, I am quite excited to go back to work. There are 2 reasons for this:
The first is because I have an amazing boss. She is flexible, understanding, willing to compromise, and has created an incredible work environment that I actually enjoy going being apart of. Because of all these things, she is allowing me to work 2 days a week from 1-7pm in the office as well as some hours from home to minimize childcare. I couldn't ask for a better work environment! (And as a little plug for my amazing boss - if you are on the market for a financial advisor, she's your gal! Not only does she put clients first in her practice, she's Kingdom focused. A beautiful combination. If you're interested in a FREE initial meeting, let me know and I'll get it set up! :)
The second reason is because we have an amazing family from church watching our kids for 8 hours a week. We couldn't have asked for a better childcare situation - we are so incredibly blessed. The family that is going to watch our kids have a huge heart for adoption as well as Africa. They have 2 kids around the same age as our kids so I know that our kids will have a blast. But, more importantly, they have the same values as us so I know that our kids will be well taken care of. I am so grateful that I don't have to have any concerns about our kids while Matt and I are at work (although I may be a little concerned for their house when it meets the Michael tornado!). :)
So, here is to an amazing 12 weeks home with my kids ... to a new chapter in my life ... to an incredible boss and nanny ... and to the many blessings that are daily present in our lives. CHEERS!
July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment