I think one of my favorite things about having kids is listening to them. They are so stinkin' funny! Most of the time they have no idea why Matt and I are exchanging glances or cracking up. However, Liliana has started to realize she'll get a reaction from us if she does certain things, so she has become quite the comedian. Anyway, here is just a sampling of the funny things Michael and Liliana have said recently:
MICHAEL:
-He says "3,4,7,8" or other increasing numbers to express "lots" or "many"
-He says "Bussy" instead of "Bus"
-He uses of the word "en" to replace "this", "that", "it", "is" etc
-He calls a fart a "Booty burp"
-He uses the phrase "Carry you" instead of "Carry". For example: "Daddy, Michael, carry you?" = "Daddy will you carry me."
-He uses the phrase "I see you" instead of "see". Example: "Micheal, I see you cows" = "I see cows"
-When we first got home Michael to himself as "Michael" then changed to "My" and recently he is finally using "Me" or "I".
-He often says "Oooo" when he is really excited about something. Sadly, I can't type out how cute it sounds.
- He says "Tiger" instead of "Tired." It took a while for us to figure out what he meant when he was saying "Mommy tiger?"
-When we first got home we had to teach Michael to call Liliana by her new name. He started out by calling her "Lily." Then he started calling her "Liliana" and now he has shortened it in true US style to "Liana."
-He says "Heavy!" in a deep voice to mean "Big" or "Large quantity"
-He uses the word "Cry" to mean "Scared" or "Sad"
-He loves to pray and does so often. Before meals, while playing and especially when he is scared. He prays out loud to himself when in the dark "Jesus, help me no cry" - meaning help me not be scared.
-One morning it was cold enough for us to see our breath. We showed Michael and he thought it was super cool. A couple days after that he started thanking Jesus for breath whenever he prayed.
-When singing Jesus loves me this I know he ALWAYS says, "Jesus coming, bis I know."
-We've recently learned Mary had a little lamb, but Michael sings: "Mary had a little ham." Matt likes to add at the end "and it was spiral cut."
LILIANA:
- She has started yelling "STOP!" when Matt and I are singing in the car
- She has stopped saying the word "please" and has replaced it with "more". Even to the point of repeating "p-p-p-please" as "p-p-p-more"
- She absolutely loves her daddy and every day is becoming more of a daddy's girl. For the past week or so, every morning when we wake up, she walks around the house yelling "daddy!" at the top of her lungs while looking for him.
- Liliana has also started praying out loud. She repeats after Matt, myself, but especially likes being led in prayer by Michael -and of course Michael loves this too.
- she shakes her arms, hands, and head convulsively and laughs - all to make us laugh
One funny story to share: the other day Michael and Liliana were taking turns playing with a doll that talks and moves (it is activated by a motion sensor). Liliana's turn was over and I told her to pick up the doll and give it to Michael. Previous to this day she had always been afraid of this doll so I was surprised she was actually playing with it. Anyway, she picked up the doll and, of course, it started talking and moving in her arms. It freaked her out so much that she screamed, threw the baby across the room and came running to me to hold her. I had to hold in the laughter as I comforted her because it was on the funniest things I've seen her do!
October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment