June 16, 2011

Getting Dressed

Michael has been dressing himself in the morning for probably the past 3-4 months. Each night we lay out his clothes together. That way in the morning when he dresses himself, I know what he's going to wear.

Over the past month, Liliana has started to get herself dressed as well. She isn't able to get her shirts on yet, though. I think it's because her hair is so thick and big in the morning it's hard to get a shirt over her head. :)

Recently, if I don't lay out clothes at night, Michael will pick out his own outfit in the morning when he dresses himself. He usually does a pretty good job since most of his shirts and shorts/pants go together without any clashing. However, he also has been picking out Liliana's clothes and helping her get dressed in the morning. This all happens before they come in to say good morning and let us know they are up. I love that he is getting himself and Liliana dressed. Since Liliana has really girly clothing that are more ornate and require more coordination, Liliana's outfits end up being quite comical. Here are some samples of Michael's handy work:
Liliana is wearing a lacy pink shirt with flowered capris and stripped socks. Classic.
Michael is wearing his favorite shirt - his "vikings go" shirt, as he affectionately calls it. It is paired with some bright (and I mean bright) blue and neon green shorts. Go team!

Here we have Michael wearing a neon green t-shirt with Khaki dress shorts. Goes from day to evening with ease.
Liliana is wearing a yellow polo (disregard the huge water spill on the front of her shirt.... this is from brushing her own teeth and getting a drink afterward) and a brown skirt with pink lace at the bottom. Oh, and I can't forget to mention her brightly stripped purple socks. Preppy and fun.

Every morning is an adventure here. From the moment the kids wake up to the moment they go to sleep. Man, I love my kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment