And, like any cheesy mother would do, I had to take some "first day of school" pictures. Yes, I know it wasn't really school, but I still had to do it.
August 11, 2011
First Day of School
This summer, we signed Michael up for two mini summer camps through a local church with his cousin, Natalie. The camps were just like preschool with arts and crafts, snack, song and story time, and gym time. We called it school because Michael has been begging to go to school for months now. He was excited when I told him that he finally go to go to school - especially because he was going with Natalie. However, he was quite disappointed that he didn't get to ride a bus to school. Despite that one disappointment, he had an absolute blast at "school."
And, like any cheesy mother would do, I had to take some "first day of school" pictures. Yes, I know it wasn't really school, but I still had to do it.
While Michael was having a blast at school, Liliana was a sad mess. She constantly was asking me "Where Michael go? Where Michael go!?" I learned what my breaking point is for hearing that question over and over and over again and what good distractions are for her. We spent a lot of time at the park in her beloved "baby swing." I hope that the consistency of Michael going to school twice a week, every week starting in the fall will help her not miss him so much!
And, like any cheesy mother would do, I had to take some "first day of school" pictures. Yes, I know it wasn't really school, but I still had to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment