December 20, 2012

It's the final countdown

I have entered full out crazy Mom mode.  I can feel the urgency oozing out of me.  I find myself telling the kids to hurry in everything they do -- even though there is no real rush.  The twins are coming home.

We are in the final stages of our adoption.  Finally!  We're here.  Ahhhhhh!  I feel anxious and excited and at any moment I may just burst into tears from pure joy.  The twins are coming home!

In the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday (2:56 AM to be exact) we received an email from the US Embassy saying our file had been accepted and was being processed.  They said to allow several weeks to months to review our case.  Recently these cases have been taking 2-3 weeks to be reviewed.  However, even more recently, cases have been going a bit faster.  Just last week a case was approved in 3 days.

There are two parts to the Embassy approval.  The first part is the approval of Matt and me.  The second part is the approval of the twins - proving that they are indeed orphans and in need of a new home.  We received an email this morning (one day after our file was accepted) saying that the first part of the investigation is complete (and approved) and they are now moving to the second part of the investigation (to prove that Sammy and Sadie are orphans).

I can feel in every inch of my body that the time is coming soon.  We have just mere moments (or so it seems) as a family of 4.  I am so grateful that we are going to be here for Christmas without the twins.  I know that sounds crazy, but now that it's here I am SO thrilled to have these last few precious moments with my Michael and my Liliana Faye.

I wish we knew exactly how many days we have until we travel, but at this point we don't.  Regardless, we are in full-blown nesting mode right now.  Sometimes it feels like I'm just running around the house getting nothing done.  We have a decent sized list of things we need to get ready:
 - finish painting Michael and Liliana's new room
 - put together Michael and Liliana's new closet organizer for their new room
 - move the kids from their old room to their new room
 - touch up paint M&L's old room
 - organize the twins clothes and get it in the closet
 - set up cribs and changing table
 - put car seats in the car
 - buy supplies for travel to Ethiopia
 - pack for our trip to Ethiopia

I think that is all. I feel a bit overwhelmed, but I know it will get done.  We are so looking forward to boarding the plane to see our sweet twins again and bring them home.  I think I might be even more excited to introduce Michael and Liliana to Sammy and Sadie.  They have been waiting for so long for this moment and have been excited the entire time.  I love how much they love their baby brother and sister already.  We are all very excited.  We are ready to be a family of 6.  And we are excited to announce with an actual date -- hoping and praying it will be next week -- that THE TWINS ARE COMING HOME!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment