I feel like my life has been in crazy mode for the past two weeks. I have gone into full-blown nesting mode. I am pretty sure I have been to Target 15 times in the last two weeks. A lot has happened...
We were submitted to the Embassy for our final approval to travel on December 19. The Embassy reviewed our case and requested an interview with the twins' birth mom. That was scheduled for January 3. We really hoped that we would be cleared that day (families are often cleared to travel the same day as their birth parent interview), however we were not. We were hoping to leave tomorrow, had we been cleared. It is really hard at this point to wait, but we are trusting God. We are praying (would you please pray with us?) that we get cleared tomorrow. If we do, we would plan to travel to pick up the kids by the end of the week.
In the mean time, we have been super busy getting things done around the house. We painted Michael and Liliana's new room and got them settled in. We touched up the paint in the twins room (Michael and Liliana's old room) and got the cribs set up. We've re-organized their closets, washed a ton of clothes, and started to pack.
 |
| Michael and Liliana's new room - freshly painted with light and dark gray stripes. |
 |
| Eventually we want to have this be the girl's room. They will both have the bedding Liliana has on the top bunk now. |
 |
| Matt plans to paint some gold flowers on the wall after Sadie moves in with Lily. |
 |
| Liliana is super excited to finally be on the top bunk! |
 |
| Michael and Liliana's closet. |
 |
| Samuel and Sadie's room. |
 |
| This will be Sammy's crib. We decided to put the changing table next to his crib because we were afraid Sadie would try and reach over to grab things off of it. In our short time meeting her, she was very mischievous. :) |
 |
| Sadie's crib. |
 |
| The twins' closet. It looks pretty sparse in comparison with Michael and Liliana's closet. Most of their clothes are already packed! |
 |
| Sammy and Sadie's clothes ready to be put in the suitcase! |
 |
| Sammy's crib |
 |
| Michael picked out Sammy's stuffed animals. |
 |
| Sadie's crib |
 |
| The stuffed animals Liliana chose for Sadie. |
We are getting really excited to bring the twins home. Sometimes I can't stop smiling because I am so excited. Other times I am freaking out because the process isn't moving as fast as I would like. But, through it all, I am choosing to trust God - as hard as that is sometimes. I have to trust Him. There is no other option. He is in control of our adoption and knows when the perfect time for them to come home is. Sometimes I think He's got it wrong. But He doesn't. He's so good to us and knows what is exactly right for our family. I've been learning a deeper meaning of trust and it's a good place to be. We're praising God for the ups and the downs and mostly for making us a family of 6. I can't wait for that moment when we're all together. It's so close. Only mere moments in the grand scheme of things. And I love that it's all orchestrated perfectly by Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment