Welcome to our family blog! We are excited to be able to journal about our experiences as new parents. Below this exciting first entry are all the email updates that Matt and I sent out earlier this year. I wanted to add those to the blog for anyone who doesn’t have the background of our adoption journey. I have also included our Christmas letter which explains how we started the adoption process.
We have been busy the last 2 weeks getting everything ready to pick up the kids. We painted the kids room (It’s SUPER cute!), cleaned and organized our office and the basement, kid-proofed the house, etc. We are now working on packing. Sunday night I packed for the kids. Monday night I took everything out of the suitcase and re-packed for the kids. We got some information from a mom that got home Monday from Ethiopia that made me re-think my packing strategy. Tonight, I will re-pack the kids suitcase for a third time. Late last night as Matt and I were looking at our over-sized, over-weight suitcase, we decided we should go for 4 small suitcases instead of 2 giant ones. The airlines just changed their rules for international flights and we are now only allowed 1 suitcase per person. Since there is no way we could pack everything in 2 suitcases, we decided we might as well spread it out among 4 easier-to-manage suitcases.
The remainder of the this week will be filled with a (very likely) daily trip to Target, laundry, cleaning the house (since I know it will be awhile before I can spend time cleaning again!), packing for ourselves, and completing paperwork. I know it will all come together before we leave on Saturday night, but the thought of everything we have to do stresses me out.
We are trusting God and know that He will get us through these last few days before we get to meet our little ones. Stay tuned, More to come....
April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment