April 29, 2010

Packing for Ethiopia ... take 4


Heeding my husband's advise hasn't always been my strong suit. It's currently 10:00 Thursday night. We leave for Ethiopia in roughly 43 hours. As I am staring at our luggage and contemplating my strategy for "project: pack for Ethiopia" I am wishing I would have listened earlier this week when Matt told me I should wait until Friday to pack. Over the course of the week we have learned various things that have altered what and how we are packing.
Sunday - packed the kids
Monday - repacked because I learned that Liliana's diarrhea will ruin everything it touches (i.e. bring old clothes you don't mind throwing away).
Wednesday - repack again because we decide it would be useful to have a complete outfit "pre-made" in ziplock bags for easy dressing
Thursday - find out from travel agent we do in fact get 2 free checked bags each.
Friday - finally heed my husband's advice (kind of) and pack for the kids while packing for us.

In the end I know it will all work out and all of the time I spent packing and re-packing will be totally worth it. When we finally have Michael and Liliana in our arms it won't matter that they aren't wearing the cutest clothes and that it took me way longer than it should have to pack their luggage. It's crazy that this journey is finally coming to a head and that we are going to finally be a family... not just on paper, but in real life.

And to answer the question that seems to almost be as popular as the dreaded "are you enjoying married life?" YES, WE ARE EXCITED!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment