November 2, 2011

Boat Ride

A few weeks ago we finally got to take Michael and Liliana for a boat ride. Michael has been asking for a long time to ride on a boat -- since last summer. But we kept telling him we didn't know anyone with a boat. As it turns out two of our very close friends have boats - sometimes I'm more flaky that I want to admit. :)

Anyway, Jackie and Mark were very kind to take us out on the last nice weekend of the fall. We all had a blast. Here are some pictures:
On the boat we had some gummy bears. Some of those gummy bears were thrown into the air at the gulls. Then, the next thing we know, there were almost 10 gulls following and hovering over our boat. Michael and I were making our scared faces.
Liliana really was afraid, and truth be told, so was I. Mostly afraid that they would poop on my head. So I created this tent to protect us under.
Daddy and Liliana making fish faces.
Liliana touching the water.
Michael's turn to touch the water. (Don't worry, no one fell out of the boat!)
Mark let our kids drive the boat. This was probably the highlight of the trip for the kids. Here is Liliana driving the boat - she mostly drove in circles.
Michael did a great job steering the boat. He understood how to avoid obstacles and everything!
Jackie and I were enjoying a ride with the kids at the front of the boat. A sudden wave came up and without thinking, Mark drive right into it. Shortly after this picture was taken, we were soaking wet. Good thing I brought extra clothes for the kids! I had to sit in wet pants for the rest of the ride. :)
Daddy and Michael enjoying the boat ride together.

No comments:

Post a Comment