November 3, 2011

We HEART Fall, part 1

Fall is most definitely my favorite season. I love the warm weather of summer, but I love all the "goodies" that come along with the fall season. I absolutely love watching the trees turn colors. I love going to pumpkin patches and apple orchards. I love drinking pumpkin spice lattes -- actually I love to eat or drink anything that has pumpkin in it.

This fall, we did lots of fun activities together as a family. We went to a pumpkin patch and an apple orchard. I volunteered at Michael's Fall Harvest party at school. We carved pumpkins and of course, went trick-or-treating. We have done so many fun things this fall that I decided to break all the fun pictures and stories into a few different posts.

Our financial advisor, Ginger Ewing, hosted a family event at McDougall's Apple Junction. If you have never been to McDougall's Apple Junction, I highly recommend it. We had a great time!
Michael and Liliana got their faces painted:
We climbed to the top of a look-out tower where we could see the entire orchard:
We also went on a tractor ride and said hi to the goats. There was also a apple sling-shot, but we didn't get a chance to do that.

Shortly after going to the Apple Orchard, we went to a local pumpkin patch in Farmington. It's a cute little market on Akin road. They have baby animals, fresh produce, pumpkins, and cute little hay bales that make a perfect photo opportunity!
We didn't end up buying pumpkins at this orchard. As per tradition, we looked at the pumpkins at the orchard and then drove over to Aldi to get our bargain pumpkins for $3.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment