November 4, 2011

We LOVE Fall, part 2

The best part of Halloween? Craving Pumpkins. I don't know why I love it so much, but I do. And it's even more fun now that we have the kids to carve with us.

Michael and Liliana were very excited to carve their pumpkin. They worked together to decide what the pumpkin would look like. They decided on circle eyes, a triangle nose, and a scary mouth.
Michael had a great time pulling out the insides of the pumpkin. Liliana, on the other hand, didn't really care for it. She kept pulling out some seeds and then asking us to wash of her hands. And then she would stick her hand back into the pumpkin... and so the cycle continued...Both Michael and Liliana took turns helping to carve their pumpkin.Here is Michael taking a turn to carve the pumpkin himself.Liliana's turn!Michael, Liliana and I making our scary Halloween faces.Daddy's scary Halloween face.Michael as a reverse pumpkin. Hilarious!Liliana's trying to be a reverse pumpkin.Proud of their pumpkin.Here is their pumpkin lite up. It doesn't look so scary after all. Kind of cute, actually.Matt and I also carved pumpkins. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the final look before they shrunk because of the heat of the candle and the cold of the air. But, I did take a picture when they were almost done.
Here is my pumpkin. It is supposed to be a puppy (per request of my children), but Matt says it looks more like the Trix Bunny. :)
Here is Matt's. Per request of the children, Matt carved a mini van. (Our kids are obsessed with our new van.)

No comments:

Post a Comment