April 20, 2011

Reason #11: They stay in bed

We are so blessed by how easy our kids are in the morning. This is especially great because our kids go to bed at 7 and therefore get up early (between 6:15 - 7:00). When they wake up in the morning, they come in to say hi and let us know they have to go potty. I say "they" because I am not kidding when I say 99.9% of the time they get up together. I am not sure if one wakes up the other or if one waits awake in bed until the other gets up, but they are always getting up together.

After we have assisted them in going to the bathroom, we have them get back in bed. They will lay in bed quietly until about 7:30. At that point, Michael usually leads an expedition into Mommy and Daddy's room to see if it is "wake up" time yet. At that point we escort them back to their room to play. We shut the door and they will play nice together (and pretty quietly) until between 8:00 - 8:30. That means every weekend we get to sleep in! It is such a lovely gift our kids give to us each and every weekend. Praise Jesus for kids who stay in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment