Our children, as most, absolutely love playing outside. And we love playing with them.
We spend a lot of time with the neighborhood children. This includes riding bikes, drawing with chalk, blowing bubbles, riding/pulling each other in the wagon, and general socializing.
We also like to take walks as a family. The kids enjoy these walks too, especially when we end up stopping by the neighborhood park for a spell. I think it's adorable watching one child pull and the other push an empty wagon as we walk down the path. Today, Michael chose which direction to turn at each intersection on our walk. Who needs a GPS?
Michael's favorite new thing to do outside is flying his new kite. Today we found that our backyard is great for flying kites. Michael and I had a blast flying his $1 kite a good 50 feet up in the sky. I have to admit that I am looking forward to the next windy day so I can see the look on his face as he flies his kite high in the sky.
Liliana's favorite thing to do outside is riding in our wagon. It doesn't matter if we are hanging out with the neighbors, going for a walk, or shoveling snow. Yes, after one of our wonderful winter storms this year I was shoveling the driveway with the kids (Becca was out) and Liliana informed me that she just wanted to sit in the wagon and watch me and Michael shovel.
Pictures to come shortly.
April 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment