April 27, 2011

Reason #18: They are great eaters

I am kind of loosing track now. Did I already cover this blessing??

Regardless, our kids are great eaters. I mean, let's be honest here, how many 2- and 3-year-old kids do you know will eat a salad for dinner.
This is one of the many foods that our kids love to eat. Like I said earlier, they are such good eaters. They will eat any food, even if they don't like it. Michael, so far, dislikes only 3 foods: mushrooms, tomatoes, and red peppers. He will eat them, though. Tonight our salads had red peppers on them and he told me that he didn't like them, but he ate them anyway. The first time we had red pepper, he ate it all and then, when he was done, he told me that he didn't like those "tomatoes." At any meal that we serve that has one of these 3 foods he doesn't care for, we have him eat 3 bites (for his age) so that he is used to eating them. He does a great job at this. We are so blessed to have such a great eater!
Liliana is also a great eater, but she requires a bit more assistance and motivation to be a good eater. But, in the end she eats what she needs to eat and everyone is happy. Her dislikes include peas and chicken. But, she sometimes likes chicken... it's hard to say when she won't like chicken. And actually, she doesn't like most vegetables, but we can get her to eat them anyway. Peas are the hardest. Tonight, I put peas in our salads. She didn't seem to notice and ate them anyway. Her favorite part of the salad was the left over ham from Easter dinner.

Both of the kids LOVE candy and pop. They are having a hay-day with all this Easter candy around the house. Of course, we only let them have 1 piece a day and ONLY if they eat all of their dinner. Tonight Liliana only hate about 2/3 of her salad so she didn't get a piece of candy. She was sad. :(

I find it quite humorous, actually, because we rarely have pop or candy in the house. They both must have a sweet tooth because with their minimal experience with having pop and candy, they have fallen in love. I guess it is a good motivator to use to reward good behavior and good eating.

I do have to add one more note about Liliana regarding food. She is also VERY motivated by pickles. She will eat almost anything if she knows she'll get a pickle after she's done. I find this especially sweet because Daddy loves pickles too.

And, just in case you are curious, here are a few more of their favorite foods:
  • corn-on-the-cob
  • pizza
  • Culver's
  • hot dogs
  • tacos
  • homemade pot pie (Michael)
  • hamburgers (Michael)
  • ham (Liliana)
  • salads
  • prunes
  • pickles
  • french fries
Now I'm hungry!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment