April 1, 2011

Dentist

Today was our second trip to the dentist since the kids have been home. The first time we went, I forgot to bring the camera. I was super bummed out, but decided I would just have to bring it to Michael's second dentist visit.

Michael again did very well.
He was all smiles because he loves going to the doctor and the dentist. He loved riding on the "moving chair" and told me he wants one at home.
He sat very nice and still as they checked his teeth. He also had x-rays taken and did very well biting down on the film (something that still makes me gag).
Michael loved having his teeth polished. He choose bubble gum tooth paste and said that it tickled his teeth.

The best part, by far, was having my own teeth cleaned. I am confident that anyone who walked past my room while the hygienist was cleaning my teeth had to of assumed I was on laughing gas. I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I felt so bad for the hygienist being oh-so-careful to be gentle while scrapping plaque from between my teeth as my body was going into convulsions because of the deep-belly laughing.

I bet you are now wondering what was so stinkin' funny. It was Liliana. She was at my side the minute the chair tipped back. Standing up on her tippy-toes so that she could get a clear view into my mouth. Continuously saying, "Mommy, ahhhhh!" while holding her own mouth open. Trying to touch my teeth while my mouth was open and saying, "My turn, Mommy." At one point she was "helping" the hygienist by holding onto the tool she was using in my mouth to "help" her. Then she grabbed the tool and was ready to do her own examination. Seriously one of the funniest things ever. My description here doesn't do justice for how hysterical it really was. It really is too bad I was there alone with the kids or I would have had a few pictures taken.

At the end of our visit, Liliana had her turn (finally) to let the doctor look into her mouth. She cried when he was done because she wanted "more turn." I will be curious to see how she does when we go back in six months and she actually does get her first real cleaning.

Oh, and by the way, no cavities! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment