April 12, 2011

Reason #3: They help me to loosen up

Are you looking at the same picture I am?
This sight, as I've mentioned before, is something I NEVER thought I would see in my house. Apparently these cute little kiddos of ours have helped me to loosen up a bit. Having fun with my kids is way more ... well ... fun than always following the rules. And this, my friends, is coming from the mouth of a rule follower.
We have made our fair share of cushion houses and forts in the past 11 months. But, those aren't the only items that I've "loosened up" on. These kids have completely blessed me with the ability to let loose.

Things that I said I would never (ha ha ha) do as a parent:
- allow the kids to eat in the family room. Gasp! They just ate a bowl full of prunes in the family room today.
- jump on the couch - check! We occasionally let them jump off the couches and one time... oh I am so crazy! ... I let them jump from the ottoman to the couch!
- watch more than 15 minutes of TV a day - hello instant babysitter. Sometimes we let Michael watch 2 shows!
- drink pop. Gulp!
how can you deny children of such pure bliss?
- and, of course, eating candy and sweets. Sometimes I use suckers to keep the kids from following asleep on a long drive. Does that really make me a bad mom? And, let's just be honest here: what is the real difference between eating a piece of cake and a donut for breakfast?
Praise God for kids who help me see life through new eyes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment